Jim Goldstein, from cloud backup provider Backblaze, comes on to talk with Jeff about 7 important questions photographers should have about backing up their photos and Lightroom catalog to the cloud:
1) How can a cloud backup provider help with the “1” of the “3-2-1” backup strategy?
2) Does adding an external hard drive change how cloud backup providers can be used?
3) What about when a photography moves to a RAID system for their storage, does that change how cloud backup providers can be used?
4) How long should photographers expect it to take to backup their photos and the catalog to Backblaze?
5) What can photographers who are creating large amounts of content very quickly do to use cloud backup?
6) A lot of cloud backup and storage providers have died or significantly changed their licensing models. What makes Backblaze different to provide photographers comfort that it is going to be around for a while?
7) What is the difference between syncing, backup, and storage in the cloud?
Resources mentioned in the podcast:
Backblaze Blog Sync vs. Backup vs Cloud: https://www.backblaze.com/blog/sync-vs-backup-vs-storage/
THE ULTIMATE BACKUP WORKFLOW FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS: https://improvephotography.com/33562/how-to-manage-storage-storage-workflow/
Other Photo Taco Resources:
Vote for Jeff’s “Cull” module idea to be added to Lightroom: http://bit.ly/cullmodule
Photo Taco Archive: https://phototacopodcast.com/category/phototacopodcast/
Improve Photography Podcast Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ImprovePhotographyListeners/
Photo Taco Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/phototacopodcast/
Photo Taco email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/harmon_jeff
Jeff’s Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/jsharmonphotos/
Jeff’s Portfolio: http://jsharmonphotos.com
Jeff’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/harmonjeff/
MacPhun Luminar: http://macphun.evyy.net/c/362006/185399/3255